Educator workshop: Real world STEM learning in the Cienega Watershed.
Engage your students in issues about their local watershed. With its unique feature of year-round water, Cienega Creek makes for an ideal subject of study. Science and history lessons come alive when students can experience lessons that are based on this local living classroom.
The workshop is targeted to middle school teachers, but materials can be adapted to fit any grade level. Continuing education credits are provided.
By attending this workshop, attendees will:
- Gain strategies and ideas for incorporateing the unique historical and science related deatures of the local Cienega Creek watershed into their curriculum.
- Learn how to access the Cienega Creek Conservation Area and teh Las Cienegas National Conservation Area.
- See how the Cienega Watershed can be incorporated into Project Based Learning.
- Learn about short term and long terms projects based in the Cienega Watershed.
- Take a guided tour of the Cienega Creek Preserve.
- Participate in hands-on, watershed science related activities.
This is a free event!